Sunday, June 22, 2008

Getting Ready to Move

9 June 2008

Well it's been quite awhile since my last post but that's because I've been working full time since March. All that's changed now. I've officially retired and moved to the sunny South. I'm going to back-date some of these posts so that I can keep things in chronological order.
When the movers came to pack up our stuff, they made us fill out a lot of insurance forms and Jared commented that it might just be better for us if the truck fell off a cliff or caught on fire so that we could get the money. He was probably right.



This is how they packed up our old couch that we got for free from my sister Kay Lynn after she got it used from a student apartment for like $10.
This is the truck that moved our stuff for us. We used up half of it. It seemed like a lot until we unpacked all 190 boxes and realized that they were mostly full of newsprint used for cushioning.
This is our tire. We had to get a new one. It blew out just before Price, UT. Luckily we found a nice guy at a tire shop who sold us a better (but not new) tire.


No comments: