Wednesday, April 22, 2009

It's Been Awhile

22 Apr 2009

Wow! It's been a whole week since my last post. Well, I've been busy. I spent several days making dresses for my friend's little girl and some wedding clothes for my kids. I used the fabric from an extra skirt that Kevin and Karen bought to make these cute little numbers. The dress is for Holly (obviously), the vest is for Derek (good thing cause Tyler says it looks like "pink girl clothes") and the tie is for Tyler.

Today Tyler and I finished up his Fiesta float. Fiesta is San Antonio's version of Orem Summer Fest except that it involves the whole city (population 2,000,0000) and the kids all get a day off of school to celebrate. So tomorrow Tyler's school is having a Fiesta party and as part of that everyone is bringing floats to pull around in the Fiesta parade. We made this (more fun with cardboard and packing tape - remember the transformer house) for the parade. The wheels don't turn so hopefully the parade is inside on the tile. If they go outside on the sidewalk or in the grass, he'll be in trouble. I don't really know much about Fiesta but we did the best we could.

I also washed the kid's bedding today. Here is Derek watching his fluffy "go round and round in the big hot dryer." Why is there a window on that dryer?!?

Lastly, I was reading "One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish" to the kids for their bedtime story a few minutes ago. I had just finished the page below when Tyler looks down at the book, pauses thoughtfully, and says in a very serious voice, "She won't." I love him!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tyler is so hilarious, I love that, "she wont". I can hear him saying that. You missed out on Healthy Living tonight are you quitting?! ;) Seeeee ya later!

Anonymous said...

Clark has _always_ been our favorite character in "One Fish, Two Fish".

rebecca said...

i wish our dryer had a clear window.

Kay said...

I wish I had a dryer.. or a washer. (I can't wait to move!) I love the dress clothes Sue. They're adorable. I found a dress for Abby at Marshals and ...ehm... attempted to sew a tie and pocket square for Oliver's suit. You can laugh at it with me when we meet up in Idaho. My sewing machine skills have gotten really rusty, I probably should stick with hot glue until I get better.
Jason says he likes Ned and I like all the characters except the one with the tooth of gold, and the bird he likes to hold- he's buggy.

Jared said...

Ned is my favorite too. I love how mad is gets at his bed.

Michael and Michelle said...

I keep checking to hear where you guys got assigned????? You need to POST!!

Nancy said...

I'm anxious for your next post, too! Though I read this last one again, and giggled again about Tyler Downer's desperation for his friend Clark. :D