Sunday, August 2, 2009

Inks Lake State Park

31 July 2009

Happy Birthday Mom!!! To celebrate my mom's 54th birthday we went on an outing to check out the campground at Inks Lake State Park. Well, it wasn't really a celebration, it was just a coincidence, but we did think about you Mom :) We love you.
The park is about 100 miles away and is apparently a VERY popular place for San Antonians and Austinites to visit. There are about 300 campsites and many of them are right on the lake to accommodate swimming, canoeing and fishing. It looks pretty fun but I must say that I've been spoiled by the camping opportunities available in Utah. As nice as Inks Lake is, it doesn't hold a candle to ANY of the camp grounds I've been to in Utah, Idaho, or California. Plus the air wasn't cool and refreshing like camping air should be, it was just the same hot muggy air as we have at our house. There is a fire ban right now (even for fires in the fire pits) because of the drought, plus it's still really hot, so we will probably go camping later in September.
During this visit the kids had fun looking at the baby deer and playing on the playground. They didn't like the long drive but I think that I made it up to them by stopping at Joseph and Amanda's house on the way home for pizza.
A camp site.
Some deer.
The kids playing.
The chubby chubb chubbster.
A fishing dock.

1 comment:

rebecca said...

she has the cutest chubby cheeks! they kill me