Happy Valentines Day everyone!
I like Valentines Day because I like Valentines Day cookies and cupcakes. I'm not really one of those super romatic types who insists on lots of presents and flowers. However, Jared always goes out with the boys to get me a present and they love it so much. This year they got me a book about how to do landscaping in Texas. See, I grew up in the frozen north (before I moved here to what is now apparently the frozen south). In Utah I know that you can grow lilacs, elm trees, apples, pine trees, roses, grapes, and pumpkins. I have no idea what grows here but I know that it isn't any of those things. All the flora is alien to me. I just got the book today and I've already read most of it and drawn out the plan for my back yard. I plan to hang this plan on my fridge and leave it there for the next 15 years. **wink**wink** Right Mom? I know you know what I'm talking about :)
Here is the book Jared and the boys gave me today.
Here is a book that I bought last summer when I bought the house in North Dakota.
Here is the yard plan that Tyler made. You might need a magnifying glass to see the labels. I think it's pretty good.
P.S. In the comments on my last post Kevin asked why the grass in the backyard was so lumpy. Um..well, cause it's crappy bermuda grass, the rain turned it to mud and then I walked all over it to take the pictures. No kidding, they put in the grass and then the next day we got 2 inches of rain. The whole place was a swamp - it still is. I plan to replace the weeds - I mean "grass" - that they installed with St. Augstine like we have at our house now. Jared says that there might be a city ordinance against it because it uses more water, but I'm going to do it anyway. I'll get it on the black market if I have to.
4 comments:
Go Girl!
I love the leg on the "Statue of Tyler".
Tyler has a good future as a landscape architect. We're excited that you can finally make plans both for your careers and your home. Happy happy joy joy!
Everyone should scroll down to the post dated 1 Dec 09 to see some new pictures from our boat-ride on the Riverwalk!
Post a Comment