Wednesday, April 28, 2010

When It Rains In Texas, It Really Rains!

28 April 2010
I rained 7 inches one day a couple of weeks ago and I took these pictures of the flood. I think we get it worse than most of our neighbors because we live across the street from the drainage ditch and thus, right in the drainage path. Later in the day, the ditch filled up and started coming back into the street. Further down the road a river (with rapids and everything) popped up and washed out a major road in 4 places. Now I know why they have such big drainage ditches all over the place.



3 comments:

Amanda said...

hmm. good irrigation for your grass though, right?

Kay said...

Your square foot gardens look so nice. Did you make a cage for just the one because it needs support? I reserved a copy of Mel's book at the library weeks ago and finally we got to check it out. How many bags of each "ingredient" for Mel's mix did you have to buy for two boxes?

That rain is crazy. I love the cardboard fort too.

rebecca said...

it's better than the snow we had this morning. good thing we've been procrastinating our garden. stupid utah.