23 June 2010

So my parade of disgusting garden worms that love to live in Texas continues. Right after I thought that I'd cured the zucchini of all it's ails, I went out and found this! A stupid, gross, wiggley, wormey, squash vine borer. Eeeeeewwwwww! I pulled it out of the stem and cut it in half with scissors. I don't know if the plant can be saved. It's not wilting yet so that it a good sign, but the hole that is left is pretty big. The danger of reinfestation is low until later in the summer and one website said that you can repair the stem with duct tape and then cover it with dirt. I think I'm going to try it.
The poison on the tomatoes seems to be working. No more worms so far this week :)
1 comment:
Texas seems to be a great climate for all kinds of gross things. They all like warm humid weather. :(
Post a Comment