Monday, June 6, 2011

Jared Is A Good Science Teacher

6/6/2011


I am really jealous of how good Jared is at teaching. Almost everyone in our ward has a testimony of his gospel doctrine lessons, he got all "excellents" on his teacher evaluation at school, and he works for half as much time as me and is getting better grades in our curriculum development class. He tries to make me feel better by saying that he does well because he went to school for a really long time and that I do better than him at taxes. Hmph! It doesn't make me feel better. I want to be totally perfect at everything the first time I try it! I even had a nightmare last night where Jared turned in a paper with three sentences on it and got an A and I wrote over 10 pages and got a 68. (I might have a problem.) Well, at least I didn't have Jared's dream last night. He dreamed that ugly fat witches were attcking our house and casting spells on him :D


For the classes he teaches, Jared likes to make scale models. Here is a scale model of the layers of the Earth's crust.



Here is a scale model of the solar system that he put up on the wall of his classroom. I really liked it. The yellow made his room seem so happy.


2 comments:

Joseph said...

Cool. I want to see comparative scale models of a plant cell, animal cells, and selected bacteria. A neuron with its meter-long axon next to a flagellate, an amoeba, a muscle cell (with multiple nuclei), and egg cell, a skin cell, and a walled cell from a tree. That'd be neat to see at scale, showing the common components and the prominent differences. I don't remember how detailed the cell biology curriculum is in middle/high school though.

Nathan said...

Man, that classroom looks way cooler than my seventh grade science class. The coolest part of that class was when my teacher offered to show us some blood cells through a microscope, if anyone was willing to donate... no one was = way disappointing.