Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Cooper Island

29 Sept 2009
More pictures from the camping trip in Utah. While the boys were fishing the first day, the girls sat on the beach and goofed off.


On the second day of fishing, the girls ventured out in their own boat to explore the open waters. Grandma and I wore life jackets but we were both pretty sure that we would float (or walk - it was pretty shallow) if we fell in without them. We didn't have a jacket small enough for the slobber monster but we were pretty sure that she would float even better than the two of us.
Heh heh. She's kinda chubby.

We discovered an island in the middle of the lake. We called it Cooper Island.
Cooper Island was small, but awesome! Tyler says that it had alot of lamb poop on it.
Here is a photo of Cooper Island from the shore with Grandpa looking on.

On a short hike Grandpa, Derek and I discovered Derek Island. It looks like most of the year it's not an island. But the lake was up a couple of inches and it was just enough to cover the grass between the trail and the outcropping. Derek said that his "own little-big, old-new Derek Island was so cute."

3 comments:

Kay said...

Cool! You guys look like you had so much fun!

Amanda said...

that little Derek is so cute! I think I love him! Sounds like he and Tyler are becoming quite the little explorer team.

Nathan said...

My little-big nephews are pretty awesome-crazy, I think. They fit right in with the family.