Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Birthday Money

14 Oct 2009
Last month my mom sent me $100 for my birthday and told me to get something just for me. I knew exactly what I wanted to use it for. There is this restaurant called the Chart House that is located at the top of the Tower of the Americas in downtown San Antonio. You ride an elevator up to the top and then the whole restaurant slowly spins around so that you can see the whole city while you eat. We got there right at sunset and the view was amazing. The food was really good too. I got some sort of salmon, sweet potato, jambalaya thing that sounded weird but is now on my short list of great tasting things to eat. We had a really great time. Thanks Mom!

This picture is fake. They take it at the bottom of the tower in front of a green screen and then put in the background.

4 comments:

Nathan said...

I thought it interesting that Jared's head is casting a shadow on the clouds... That flash must be bright!

chanel said...

The more I read your blog, the more I recognize that we are related. I would totally spend my birthday money on a fine dining experience too. Sounds like fun!

Pam and David said...

Yea Sue! Just what I would have bought for you.

Ashley Collins said...

Oh that's so fun! I can't believe that the picture is fake! But that's kind of cool cause you always get a nice shot of the city then! I have wanted to go there ever since we moved here in April 2007, but we're too poor to go. Wish my mom sent me $100! LOL