Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Ralphie's Progressive Haircut

13 Jan 2009

Ralphie needs haircuts. When his hair gets too long then it gets dirty really fast, takes forever to dry after his bath and gets tangled and matted in just a few days. The problem is that cutting it takes forever. I tried some clippers once and he really freaked out so I decided that it might be easier (and probably faster too) to just cut it by hand with scissors. I use the width of my fingers to judge the length and just go all over his body. Since Holly is such a busy body lately, I had to do the cutting while she was napping. This meant that the entire grooming process was slowly completed over four days.

Before (hairy and slobbery)
Middle (tee hee - doggy clown pants)
After (sleek and trim - and sleepy)

2 comments:

rebecca said...

the clown-pants is my favorite, but the after looks really good. i'm impressed.

Kay said...

Oh... he looks so soft.