Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Chumps Who Pay For Their Kids To Take Rides At The Mall

28 Sep 2010
Somehow in my mind the guilt I feel for leaving my kids and going to work for 12 hours a day is mitigated by buying things for them. On some level I know it's shallow but when we're all at the mall so that we can finally use our GAP gift cards and Derek sees a train ride, it's just so so hard for me to say no. See how happy he is?!? It's just so cute.


Then, further down, when Tyler sees the trampoline rubberband thing, it's hard to tell him no when I just let Derek ride the train. He wanted to do it at first, then he got scared and then he really liked it. Actually, I think it looked kind of fun.


3 comments:

Joseph said...

Aw. I've always wanted to jump on that rubberband trampoline thing. When I would take Emily to gymnastics, I'd always jump on their trampolines and things. I was the only parent doing it, but I didn't feel like I needed the other parents' respect.

Lindsey said...

ive been known to be that chumo mom from time to time. and ont feel guilt, you gotta do what ya gotta do.

Pam and David said...

You are buying happy memories.
Tyler, come back!