11 Oct 2010
Every year we like to get a couple new Halloween decorations. When I was a kid the paper cut out Halloween decorations that we put on the front window were almost as (if not more) exciting than the Christmas tree. So, I like to make a big deal of the decorations. We've got almost everything hung up inside (photos to come) and pumpkins from the Pumpkin Patch ready to carve (more photos to come) but we didn't really have anything on the outside of the house. I thought that the little alcove on our second floor would make a perfect haunted skeleton perch so I hijacked the car on the way home from work today and took Jared to the Spirit of Halloween store. We pooled all of our Halloween budget and came up with this. We thought it looked pretty good.


5 comments:
Wow. That's amazing. Possibly even teetering at the edge of Halloween fun and... disturbing. Remember the place near the public library that would always fill their yard with hospital gurneys with corpses and the like? Don't go that far. I much preferred the enormous rope web with the big silly spider at the house on 4th and 7th.
I LOVE the enormous rope web and the big silly spider!!!!! I really wanted to do that but it would take so much time and I have none. Oh well, creepy skeleton ghost will just have to do. (Even ask Jared, I really did want to do the giant spider.)
I love it!!!
We don't have any kids (yet!), so that might have something to do with my tendency towards the "scary" decorations. Though yeah, the gurneys are pretty bad.
Regardless, I love your decorations!
With that much scary you may have to invest in more that dum-dums for give-away candy. Or...send the kids out early and regift. Saves on dentist bills.
Wow. Never a dull moment! The neighbors haven't been back begging you to borrow their ladder again have they? Everyone will want to trick or treat at your place this year.
Post a Comment