Saturday, February 7, 2009

Tyler - The Dark Cloud in Our Silver Lining

7 Feb 2009

Lately Tyler has been so so negative. He has developed an amazing ability to always find the dark side of every situation. Here are some of his more depressing quotes.

Explaining to Mom why she needs to climb up on the top bunk on Feb 1st: "But Mom, it gets so annoying for me to have to flip the puppy calendar month after month."

To Mom after she bought him a kid sized sundae at TGI Fridays: "This is the worst day ever. There's only one kind of kid's dessert at this restaurant. I got this same sundae the last time we were here." Later that night, "I sure hope that we get to eat more ice cream when we get home. If we don't I'm going to be so sad."

In tears, to Mom, after playing Wii for an hour and a half: "If I can't play Wii for any more time today then I guess I'll just never play any games any more ever again. I don't even like Lego Star Wars anymore. It's just not any fun if I don't get to unlock Ghost Ben Kanobe."

Maybe Mom (me) just doesn't get it. Maybe she should just make sure that Tyler doesn't get to play Wii or eat ice cream at all. That way he won't be so sad when he has to stop.
Sometimes he reminds me of Debbie Downer from Saturday Night Live:

4 comments:

The Christiansen's said...

I was thinking the same thing about Debbie Downer before I even read that! They (Tyler and Debbie) crack me up. I am so excited to come see you guys! And excited for the sunny weather.

Michael and Michelle said...

Poor Tyler. You guys are so abusive....NOT!! Maybe it's just a phase or he's just testing you to see if you'll buy him the motherload ice cream and let him quit school to be a professional wii player????

Nathan said...

I saw it's just an over-dose of Strong Sad. Goodness! I love you guys.

Anonymous said...

OMGosh! That is so funny to read! You are a BAD mom Suzie! You should stop being so mean to that kid or he is going to have a pretty miserable life! LOL I'm sure like other's have said, it's probably just a phase. Oh his quotes crack me up! The calander flipping must really be a drag, you're so cruel to make him turn it over MONTH after MONTH!! LOL