21 Dec 2008
Pregnancy Update:
Well, no baby yet. On Friday I was having lots of really strong contractions. They weren't close together (about 10 min) but they didn't stop for 8 hours. So, we went to the hospital at about 11:00 p.m. and got checked out. They said that I was only dialated to 1 cm even with all the contractions. They had me walk around for a hour and a half to see if the contractions would get stronger but they didn't and we were really tired so we just came home. (My super nice visiting teacher watched the boys. She has 5 boys of her own - all under 10 - and our kids had a really good time there.) I continued to have contractions all day yesterday and I am still having them this morning. They are pretty regular (still about 10 min apart) and uncomfortable, but not getting stronger.
I'm a little disappointed and a little glad that our baby isn't here yet. I want to have her soon so that I can start feeling better, but I also want Jared to be a little more healed from his eye surgery so that he can drive and take care of the boys. He says that the pain is mostly gone but that the contact "bandages" that he's been wearing since Thurs morning are getting really dirty and irritating. He should be getting the contacts removed tomorrow morning and then hopefully he can start driving again.
Well, we're all here at home together now (no school, no work) until Jan 5th. Tyler is super excited for the candy he's going to get out of the advent calendar on the 25th and Derek is just excited for "PRESENTS!!!" We love you and we will keep you updated.
Love, Suzie
1 comment:
yay! congratulations!
Post a Comment