14 Jan 2009
The gingerbread house is finally done!!! It took me about 2 months from start to finish but it was totally worth it. I was inspired by a food network challenge where they were making candy castles. I was sure that I could do just as good. Now, I'm not so sure, but I do know a lot more about making and working with icing. The trick is to make it super sticky. Here is my recipe:
2 cups powdered sugar
1 egg white
tiny bit of vinegar (like 1/2 tsp) - add more to make the icing thinner
This will make really thick and sticky icing that dries hard in a manner of minutes and rock hard by the next day. Next year my house will be even better!!!!
The gingerbread house is finally done!!! It took me about 2 months from start to finish but it was totally worth it. I was inspired by a food network challenge where they were making candy castles. I was sure that I could do just as good. Now, I'm not so sure, but I do know a lot more about making and working with icing. The trick is to make it super sticky. Here is my recipe:
2 cups powdered sugar
1 egg white
tiny bit of vinegar (like 1/2 tsp) - add more to make the icing thinner
This will make really thick and sticky icing that dries hard in a manner of minutes and rock hard by the next day. Next year my house will be even better!!!!


4 comments:
The house is Awesome, how much for rent?? Great job, I don't know where you found the time...Super Woman! You need to send your pics in to food network!!
Wow, it looks great! What a woman:)
This is amazing!
Can you (or did you) eat it? It looks too good to eat but so very tasty I think I would eat it anyway.
Post a Comment