Thursday, March 26, 2009

More Holly and More Cake

26 Mar 2009

I just can't get enough of Holly or cake. So here are some more pictures of both.
My friend Ashley and I made this cake for our ward's Relief Society Birthday Party. The theme was purses (I'm not totally sure why) so we thought this cake would be fitting. I actually baked the cake on Tuesday night, it took 5 cake mixes (only the two bottom layers are made of cake - the purse on top is styrofoam). We did the decorating yesterday. It took 7 hours - we had six kids running around. We got lots of compliments at the party. (Also, I don't know why the cupcakes look so weird in the picure - it looks like I added them later with photoshop.)

To make the cake rounds, I cut some cardboard out of a diaper box. Derek took the box and kept trying to get inside it and play with it. It looked pretty sad because it had big holes cut in it. I decided to take a break and make this fort for him. Except that he said that he didn't want a fort so it became a "transformer house".

8 comments:

Jared said...

Every kid should have a Transformer house.

rebecca said...

those cupcakes do like kind of weird...i want a transformer house.

Suzie said...

All these pictures make me feel all warm and gooey inside. I can't stop looking at them!

Anonymous said...

That cake is Adorable!!!...not as cute as Holly or Mr. Derek, but very close. I want to learn to make cakes too.

Nathan said...

I really like the cake and transformer house. Gosh... Speaking of which, I must be pretty old. "Forts" were like ... the coolest thing on the block when I was a kid. *sigh*

P.S. And we didn't get cardboard either! It was pillows, and up-hill both ways when I was a kid!

Nathan said...

Cardboard is for rich kids with refrigerators.

Michael and Michelle said...

Suz I think you found your new "business"!!! You got some serious talent with those cakes, good job! I still need you to send me your home address!

hayley said...

Cool cake, I love the pink and brown and that six kids were running around and the cake was still intact! Also, that first picture of Holly totally looks like Derek to me