Monday, May 17, 2010

We Demand A Turtle Crossing!

17 May 2010
Today on our way to Walmart Derek and I saw a turtle in the road. He was pretty big and looked like he was trying to figure out a way to cross the street. It was a really busy and fast street so we stopped to help him out. There was a big pond just on the other side of the road so we put him on a rock over there. I tried really hard to get Derek to hold him for the picture but he was too scared of getting bit. The turtle was scared and his shell was coved with moss.

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

half of my sentences begin with the phrase "on my way to walmart" too. we are so pathetic.

Amanda said...

What a good deed you two did. I'm sure that turtle is so grateful! Unless he didn't really want to cross the road.

Kay said...

All rise for the guitar of liberty! You shall build a turtle fence. Peter Hoekstra is from Michigan. I love this state! No, I really do. And I don't know if a snake can go over a fence or not.

Leenie said...

Yeah, but what if the turtle just made it across the road on his way to Walmart? ;)