20 Aug 2008
So Jared turned 31 today. Every year on his birthday he asks me, "So, how does it feel to be married to an older man?" Then he moves his eyebrows up and down and flashes me a silly grin. I never know what to say. I guess it probably feels similar to being married to a younger woman.
Jared had to work today but afterward we went swimming and then came back home for a nice steak dinner. It was weird to cook steak in the oven but since the BBQ was broken in the move I had to. As it turns out, cooking steak the Test Kitchen way (even in the oven) makes the best steak you've ever tasted. It was soooooo good. After dinner Jared unwrapped his present. We got it at Costco and really thought that the clip from the Italian Job (below) summarized the situtation.It was a great birthday and especially nice to have Kevin here to celebrate with us.
Here is Jared pretending not to know what the present is and Derek pooping his pants. Kevin is looking on.
The kids saw Jared carrying in the huge box but they were still excited to help him unwrap it and show him what it was.
Here is Jared being suprised at seeing the giant TV that he picked out at Costco the day before.
Here is Tyler excited to eat cake and ice cream.This is the clip I mentioned above.
No comments:
Post a Comment