Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Kids at the Hospital

5 Aug 2008
I took the kids with me to my OB appointment at the hospital on the base today. It was a regular circus. They weren't really bad, they were just two boys that were tired and bored. At one point I went to the lab to get my blood drawn and when Tyler walked in he said, "Why does it smell like old lady blood in here?" The nurses laughed a little and said, "Well, it's probably because there's old lady blood in here." About 10 seconds later an old lady who was a dead ringer for the crypt keeper came in with her cane and sat down in the chair across from me to get her blood drawn. This time Tyler said, "Now it smells like dead lady blood in here!" Both nurses and the lab tech just burst out in tears they were trying so hard not to laugh. I am so embarrassed. After that great incident, I had fun chasing Derek when he ran off down the hall and out of the lab with the bag holding my urine sample. He fell in the hallway and dropped it twice.
Here is the biggest spider I've ever killed. It's dead in this picture because of the 2 cans of Raid Spider Killer I sprayed on it in the garage.
Polygamist Update: I know that the dad and the younger lady are a couple because I saw them holding hands at the HEB (grocery store). It's the older lady that I'm not so sure about. I am pretty sure that she is the kids' mom because the other lady never goes anywhere with them and she's really too young to be their mom. Today the older lady and the kids came to the house in the Buick (it's been gone for at least a week) and unloaded all sorts of luggage. I'm going on the theory that they two women trade off staying at the house. Or possibly, the older lady and the dad are divorced, but she stays with the kids and him when he has visitation.



2 comments:

Joseph said...

I laughed and laughed and laughed at "dead lady's blood." Sharing a room with the crypt-keeper... classic.

rebecca said...

ew ew ew ew. rebecca's new least favorite game: counting the number of spider bites i wake up with. the other day it was five. i've moved out to my apartment couch, and the bites stopped, but i hate spiders with a vengence right now.