1 Aug 2008
Jared finially came home on Fri, Aug 1st. We were SO EXCITED to see him. His plane came in from Houston at 10:35 p.m. and it was about 15 minutes late so the kids were tired of waiting. Aparently the plane that Jared took from Alabama to Houston only had 3 seats per row (one on one side and two on the other). He said it was like flying in a long Ford Escort.
When I saw Jared come around the corner toward the baggage claim I sent Tyler off to meet him. Tyler (as usual) wasn't really paying attention and walked right by him. I called to Tyler and luckily Jared heard me and caught Tyler before he disappeared down the hall. Derek was shy of Jared at first (his haircut is a little different) but he warmed up right away and told Jared about "Thomas and Friends" (Thomas the Tank Engine) about 50 times.
Jared brought the kids little camo outfits (known as ABU's or Airman Battle Uniforms) as souveniers. Tyler was really excited, but Derek wouldn't even put his on. All he said was "No way! Never!" and ran off.
We're glad you're home Dad. Now go fix the car and mow the lawn while I get in the kitchen and make you some pie.
3 comments:
Yeah!! Pie! Welcome home Jared! Happy you're home safe at last and hope mowing doesn't hurt your shoulder. We love you! Tyler looks so cool in his uniform.
Wow. Very tan. It reminds me of when we picked you up from Timberline. Do you know how to speak Spanish now?
I think when you picked me up from Timberline, most of that was dirt, not tan.
And yes, I speak fluent spanish. Fluently.
Post a Comment