Thursday, July 16, 2009

Drum roll.....Derek is Potty Trained!

15 July 2009

Today is the day that I am officially declaring Derek fully potty trained! Yay! He's actually been doing really good with the #1 for some time now - no accidents in several months. It's the #2 that's been the problem. He was just too scared to go poop on the potty. Well about three weeks ago, he dookied his pants at the Costco and all I had was Holly's baby diapers. Since Derek is so small (30 lbs) and Holly is so big (20 lbs.) I was able to swap out Derek's dirty pull-ups for one of Holly's diapers. He went ballistic! He was super mad that I was "calling him a baby" by making him wear a baby diaper. After that he decided that he didn't want pull-ups any more - only underwear - and that he could poop on the potty. I wasn't convinced at first but he's been clean and dry now for two whole weeks so I think we're in the clear! Hooray! I'm so proud of my boy.
Derek at Disneyland with Grandma James when he was 5 months old.

1 comment:

Nathan said...

Here's a big ol' congratulations from Stephanie and me! Derek's the man.

And way to be very patient, Suzie and Jared. I need to remember that baby diaper technique when Stephanie and I go through this. ;)