4 July 2009
Jared was home all day today (which is really nice because it is Saturday and he's supposed to be home anyway.) I hear that he'll be home on Monday too so we will have some time to build our sandbox. I've decided that we need a sandbox on the back porch for the kids to play in. They're getting bored of staying in the house all day. Well, I say it's their funeral. Today was 105 degrees. Yikes.
This morning we went to our friends' house for a waffle breakfast and then we bought wood for the sandbox. Later we are going to the 4th of July party at the base to see some stuff and watch fireworks. We still can't light fireworks in our driveway, and the kids are bummed about that, but it should still be fun. Tomorrow we'll bake a 4th of July cake - I guess it's becoming a tradition.
Here are some cute scrapbook pages I made from the pictures I took last year.
Jared was home all day today (which is really nice because it is Saturday and he's supposed to be home anyway.) I hear that he'll be home on Monday too so we will have some time to build our sandbox. I've decided that we need a sandbox on the back porch for the kids to play in. They're getting bored of staying in the house all day. Well, I say it's their funeral. Today was 105 degrees. Yikes.
This morning we went to our friends' house for a waffle breakfast and then we bought wood for the sandbox. Later we are going to the 4th of July party at the base to see some stuff and watch fireworks. We still can't light fireworks in our driveway, and the kids are bummed about that, but it should still be fun. Tomorrow we'll bake a 4th of July cake - I guess it's becoming a tradition.
Here are some cute scrapbook pages I made from the pictures I took last year.
.jpg)
.jpg)
P.S. We don't have any more information about Jared's status with the AF. As far as we know, we should be moving to Minot in Nov so we're keeping the house there but also extending our lease here (at our current house) for 9 more months. If we do end up leaving in Nov, we can cancel our lease using the military reassignment clause. Here's hoping (cross your fingers and call Jared and tell him to finish his dissertation.)
1 comment:
my phone is far away at the moment, so do your dissertation!
Post a Comment