Sunday, July 12, 2009

The Weekend

12 Jul 2009

Here are a few photos for your viewing enjoyment.
These are my new tomato plants. I got special varieties that are able to pollenate at temps above 95 degrees. We should have lots of fruit before we leave in Nov.

This is the only plant (out of 6) that "melted" in the hot Texas sun. Luckily I planted it a good 10 inches down so it should come back to life and be fine.

Here is what a Texas ant bite looks like. It is not a pimple and you cannot pop it. The white is dead skin. If you can see the darkish circle kind of to the left of the bite, that is an old, healed bite. The scars never really go away.

This is what happens when you leave your baby on the floor while you work on your pizza recipie blog post. Shhhh....she's asleep.


3 comments:

Amanda said...

Those ant bites are nasty. Emily was covered with them all summer long last year, poor kid. I love the shot of Holly. Was she lying on the floor happy/sleeping the whole time you were on the computer? wow.

Kay said...

That was a great idea with the tables! Fresh tomatoes are the best. I wish I had done that on the grass under my kitchen window when we moved here. Holly is the cuddliest looking bundle. I miss her. Abby weighed 16 at her well visit on Monday. She's still really long though.

An Inquisitive Mind said...

OMGosh I love that she fell asleep on the floor! That's so funny! And that ant bite is nasty, I've never got one quite that bad! I love your tomato plants, I am so jealous that you'll get some, our poor garden is not doing well in the heat. It's huge, just no maters! Oh well.... Congrats on getting it all done, it's a lot of work to do that all in the TX heat!